Justmeans wrote this past week about Obama's rail plan. They state it will create jobs, and help environmental conservation efforts. I'm not sure how sustainable it will be. Other sources state that, in other countries, this high speed rail system helped get some people out of thier cars but overall simply pushes more frieghts onto the highways. Check it out for yourself.
it would be amazing to have at least a decent rail system...like those in most all of europe...it's the auto industry spreading false info about something like this being unsustainable...what do you think?
ReplyDeletedr. c
At first I thought it was a wonderful idea. Its about time we had a rail system like those in Europe! After seeing where the new rail will be implemented, it seemed like it would be great for trips, and maybe for use in a few of the larger cities although I feel like most often car will be the vehicle of choice.
ReplyDelete